Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/index.php)
-   Builds! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   1936 Packard (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28389)

zzrodder 10-17-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Misfit (Post 361477)
That thing is looking great. I have a 37 model 1094 touring coupe myself,so Im looking for ideas.Im really looking forward to see what the ft of your car is going to look like.I need a hood and I cant find one for a decent price,so Im looking for ft end ideas.

Looking at the pic of your Packard, I can see it's a 38 or newer, the split front window is the first tip off, firewall and body lines are different too. Not that it isn't kool though, it'll still make a nice rod. A 37 hood definitely won't fit though. I thought I found a hood for mine but it didn't pan out - that's OK though 'cause now I've decided to stretch the front end 5" and will be making my own hood.

Todd 10-17-2013 01:47 AM

I don't think you'll be happy with square corners on the deck lid. But I could be wrong.
Its taking great shape.

Country Misfit 10-17-2013 01:54 AM

Your right,its a 38. I was thinking 38,but I typed 37.

Neverdone 10-17-2013 05:17 AM

Not that my opinion matters much but I like the lines of the rig that Dr C posted........ I think that it looks good I like the frenched lights in the back as well. But then again I have never seen any of your work that I would not be proud to own!

05snopro440 10-17-2013 10:08 AM

That is looking awesome ZZ! I really like your idea for the back of the body/trunk lid. I have an idea of how it will look, but I'm interested to see what you actually do!

The pace and quality of your work is embarassing to the rest of us, can you slow down a bit? :D

cosmic12 10-17-2013 05:02 PM

That rear treatment is going to be very interesting to watch being built[dr.
So, now that you have started this how the hell you gona walk away from it for the winter?:rolleyes:

zzrodder 10-17-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd (Post 361491)
I don't think you'll be happy with square corners on the deck lid. But I could be wrong.
Its taking great shape.

Hmmm, well, once I get the opening framed in and have a better look, corners may get rounded - nothing is cast in stone....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverdone (Post 361495)
Not that my opinion matters much but I like the lines of the rig that Dr C posted........ I think that it looks good I like the frenched lights in the back as well. But then again I have never seen any of your work that I would not be proud to own!

I guess we all see things differently - the frenched lights and plate just don't look good to me, sort of too modern - I like to keep the sheet metal clean and prefer the lights etc. to stand out and and/or have some trim around them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05snopro440 (Post 361529)

The pace and quality of your work is embarassing to the rest of us, can you slow down a bit? :D

OK, I'll take the weekend off...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 361554)
That rear treatment is going to be very interesting to watch being built[dr.
So, now that you have started this how the hell you gona walk away from it for the winter?:rolleyes:

Two words - Beer Assistant :cool:

Country Misfit 10-22-2013 06:24 PM

Hey ZZ,I was just looking at a 35 Nash on you-tube [ 35 Nash Aeroform] is that kind of what the back of your car is going to look like??

hansgoudzwaard 10-22-2013 06:44 PM

Great back end

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Misfit (Post 362102)
Hey ZZ,I was just looking at a 35 Nash on you-tube [ 35 Nash Aeroform] is that kind of what the back of your car is going to look like??

That is a nice car.

zzrodder 10-22-2013 09:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Being a 4dr. body, there was no proper door jamb to mate up to the rear of the door so I had to create one. Took one of the original center posts, split it in half to make one for each side and cut 5 1/2" out of the height to match the new roof height. Then I welded a strip of 1/8" x 3/4" to the edge to create a step for weatherstripping to seat on and tacked in the pass side piece - in the last pic, the drivers side piece is just propped in place.