Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/index.php)
-   Builds! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   1936 Packard (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28389)

zzrodder 05-24-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyrat (Post 388358)
Tuned in as usual! [P[P[P

That garnish piece for the rear window looks perfect... how long did that take you to make? [S

Thanks! It took a couple hours or so due to the trial and error process of making something for the first time [;)[S... if I ever need to make another, the lessons learned will make it faster. :)

Dirtyrat 05-25-2014 06:37 AM

For only a couple hours, that is fantastic!

zzrodder 05-27-2014 10:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Working on all the behind the scenes things that make it possible to do a fully upholstered interior - that is, create in metal what was once all wood framing. Roof supports, interior light mount, channel surrounding the top to hold a tack strip to staple the edges of the headliner onto, sheetmetal framing behind the seat to attach panels to. Also made the headliner bows from 1/4" SS rod and the pockets to hold their ends in place.
Basically a bunch of fiddly time consuming stuff that will never be seen but necessary nonetheless ....

1952B3b23 05-28-2014 09:39 AM

Looks really good. Man you sure do work fast. I wish i could accomplish half as much as you do in the same amount of time. Im a slow a** haha :D

Flipper_1938 05-28-2014 04:39 PM

I'm anxious to see this all painted and upholstered. Have you got colors picked out yet?

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachm...9&d=1400639051

Country Misfit 05-28-2014 04:52 PM

Looks great. When are you going to start on the ft end? Are you still planning on making your hood? Im looking for ideas for mine.

cosmic12 05-28-2014 09:05 PM

I swear you have got to have some little Evils that help you when you are sleeping!:rolleyes:
Very nice, very very nice. I still can't get over that dash[dr

zzrodder 05-28-2014 10:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipper_1938 (Post 388871)
I'm anxious to see this all painted and upholstered. Have you got colors picked out yet?

You'll have to be patient, lots of fab work to do yet... I'm a creature of habit I guess when it comes to colour - BLACK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Misfit (Post 388873)
Looks great. When are you going to start on the ft end? Are you still planning on making your hood? Im looking for ideas for mine.

I need to finish the inside fab work then mount the doors (suicide) plus all the stuff that goes in and on them -window motors, tracks, handles, etc. Then I'll be starting on the fenders, starting at the rear and working forward. I'm going to make new running boards, front fenders need to be modified due to their 5" forward location - then I'll get onto making the hood sides and the front opening hood. Couple pics are of firewall mounted hinges I need to make - the burnt car (37 Packard) had a one piece hood top made - sad end to that one... Sooo much to do....

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 388908)
I swear you have got to have some little Evils that help you when you are sleeping!:rolleyes:
Very nice, very very nice. I still can't get over that dash[dr

The upside of retirement is being able to get some time in on it daily - I actually have a hard time sleeping sometimes 'cause it's constantly on my mind, designing things mentally and problem solving.

cosmic12 05-29-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzrodder (Post 388918)
You'll have to be patient, lots of fab work to do yet... I'm a creature of habit I guess when it comes to colour - BLACK

I need to finish the inside fab work then mount the doors (suicide) plus all the stuff that goes in and on them -window motors, tracks, handles, etc. Then I'll be starting on the fenders, starting at the rear and working forward. I'm going to make new running boards, front fenders need to be modified due to their 5" forward location - then I'll get onto making the hood sides and the front opening hood. Couple pics are of firewall mounted hinges I need to make - the burnt car (37 Packard) had a one piece hood top made - sad end to that one... Sooo much to do....

The upside of retirement is being able to get some time in on it daily - I actually have a hard time sleeping sometimes 'cause it's constantly on my mind, designing things mentally and problem solving.

WOW! Did that roadster get scrapped? why should it be a sad end? Looks like perfect street rod makings to me. I would love to come across something like that or a coupe!

Neverdone 05-29-2014 05:20 AM

Why was that the end to that 37?? It looks really fixable! With your skills anything is fixable.