Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/index.php)
-   Builds! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   1936 Packard (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28389)

sgtpontiac 09-18-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein (Post 358066)
Nudge... "the natives are getting restless!"

Ahy ya ahy ya ahy ya .......ahy ya ahy ya ahy ya.....me heap big restless...

(my apologies to anyone that I might have offended of the native american and or canadian indian decent)..... :D

Sunnybeach 09-19-2013 08:42 PM

I was thinking about this earlier today... got all excited when it was back at the top of the list. :eek:

zzrodder 09-19-2013 11:11 PM

I wish I had progress to report as I'm itchin' and twitchin' to get going on the Packard, though the pause gives me time to reflect on the job of piecing it together and dream up new ideas to apply to it. Fer instance, though I'm going to shorten the body 5" in the process of making it into a 2dr., I will keep the 120" wheelbase - this will mean a custom 5" longer hood and sides, possibly stretching the front fenders too. I keep looking at pics of the Caddy and the long front end really works for me (more underhood room too). Another idea in the mental scrapbook is to use exhaust cutouts tied to lake pipe style megaphones sticking out of the hood sides where it would have had the side louvers....:cool:
Anyways, have a couple more weeks of things to get out of the way then it's full steam ahead.

earthman 09-19-2013 11:19 PM

And the right thing to do is stay home this winter ZZ and work on this project so we don't have to wait till spring! Every one agree? [cl

CORPO 09-20-2013 12:15 PM

Agree!

cosmic12 09-20-2013 03:10 PM

Agreed! :rolleyes:

Dirtyrat 09-20-2013 09:06 PM

Yes, patiently waiting on some awesome inspiration form your build!
[P[P[P

zzrodder 09-20-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthman (Post 358230)
And the right thing to do is stay home this winter ZZ and work on this project so we don't have to wait till spring! Every one agree? [cl

I hear ya, but it's just too nice in Az in the winter - "no snow, no mow, got sand" - the land where sun-baked tin lives forever. Besides, I get to roll around in the new kart there for 3 months or so and work on my tan....:)

cosmic12 09-21-2013 09:27 PM

Well.......guess I can't blame ya for that. Wish I could head south or west for the winter and its getting close up here in the great white north.
Have fun with that little duce it is so cool and I am sure you will be the envy of the town[cl

Neverdone 09-23-2013 05:50 AM

I just don't understand what is taking so long????....... The kart was done by now.......