Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 06-13-2021, 03:57 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

You look really happy there with your plaque and all...
Old 06-13-2021, 09:23 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Congrats Bama. I'm in my 21st year at the job I'm at. It takes a lot to stay in the same place as long as you have. I have the same facial hair philosophy and am the northern equivalent of redneck. A Swamp Yankee.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:28 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Congrats Bama, great milestone. I would have the facial hair if they allowed it in the oil patch.

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:40 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Congratulations
That is no small feat.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:30 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thanks guys. I donít know if I was smart to stay or too dumb to quit. Last place I worked for 11 years before I became self employed. Learned a lot over the years, some things I was told before I bought my first truck were true, a lot of them werenít. Made some screwups along the way, had some hard times, but wouldnít change much if I could. I have always been an independent cuss, so this lifestyle has suited me well. The company Iím with takes care of the legal stuff like highway taxes and they get the loads, I haul the product and get it there the way I want. I had several opportunities to go to other companies, but I hate to change, Iím a slave to routine. Pretty good combination, I get to do what I like and not deal with the legalities.

So now, I get to wind down a 36 year career. Really looking forward to more home time. Seems like I never have time to do my stuff because Iím doing other peoples stuff. Iíve got enough stuff to do to last a long time, and the wife keeps coming up with more!
Old 06-14-2021, 10:25 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamav View Post
Thanks guys. I donít know if I was smart to stay or too dumb to quit. Last place I worked for 11 years before I became self employed. Learned a lot over the years, some things I was told before I bought my first truck were true, a lot of them werenít. Made some screwups along the way, had some hard times, but wouldnít change much if I could. I have always been an independent cuss, so this lifestyle has suited me well. The company Iím with takes care of the legal stuff like highway taxes and they get the loads, I haul the product and get it there the way I want. I had several opportunities to go to other companies, but I hate to change, Iím a slave to routine. Pretty good combination, I get to do what I like and not deal with the legalities.

So now, I get to wind down a 36 year career. Really looking forward to more home time. Seems like I never have time to do my stuff because Iím doing other peoples stuff. Iíve got enough stuff to do to last a long time, and the wife keeps coming up with more!
Congrats on 25 Bama!

Wow, does that sound familiar...

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:54 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
Here is another story i would like to hear. When i win the lottery i am going to open a coffee shop in the middle of the country and send airline passes to everyone on the board.
Can we just drive in??
Old 06-14-2021, 02:12 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Congrats on the 25 Bama. I made 30 before giving myself a break. It's been 18 years of actually accomplishing more since I retired. When they started messing with me about my similar appearance standard I let them have it. Haven't looked back.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Speaking of personal apperance... When the company I worked for announced that they were "embracing diversity in the workforce", I just said, "I can help with that." I can't grow a righteous beard, but when I retired about three years later, my hair was some of the longest in the office. Nobody said a word.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:32 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

My beard is pretty long right now, I usually shorten it up in hot weather. I’ve got a new hair dresser, she cut my hair about 15 years ago then she quit to take a post office job. Lady I started going to after her I stayed with all this time, but she is having health issues and I can’t get to her shop the two days she is open. So when I found out the other lady was back cutting hair, I went back to her. She hasn’t cut it back quite as much as I normally wear it yet.

The beard is part of me.Wife talked me into shaving it off on our 25 th anniversary, I started growing it back the next day! Other than that few days, I’ve had it since about 1985.